Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Don't Know About You...But...

Every morning after reading the newspaper (maybe it's time to stop) I find another headline that just makes me "cringe with anger"! For example these are just this weeks ones that ticked me off:
  • Higher food prices here to stay, says economist

    "I think the prudent thing to do is to count on their grocery bills and their fuel costs climbing for quite some time yet. Because emerging markets are not going to go away," he said.
    "I think grocery bills could easily climb 10 to 15 per cent –- maybe even more -- over the course of next couple of years."
I hate , hate , hate grocery shopping at the best of times, let alone knowing that I am going to be paying that much more as time goes on. Especially hate it knowing that my pay is not going to have any increases for the same next 4 years!  No wonder so many kids and seniors are not getting their fruits and veggies!


  • Kicked to the curb: HRM abandons new trash bylaw
Halifax regional councillors had been preparing for a long night of debate about garbage, but a public hearing was cancelled at the last minute Tuesday.

For those of you not familiar with our local group of councillors (your not missing anything except a laugh!) they have once again hummed and hedged their way out of making a decision on something!  I really don't see what the problem is with using clear garbage bags (they said you could have 1 green one for your bathroom garbage) and a limit of 4 bags every 2 wks. The sole purpose is to get people to reduce, reuse, recycle. (People it's no biggie! You need to come down off your high horse if you ask me!)

  • Voters disenchanted with ruling NDP: poll

    Nova Scotians are not happy with the NDP.

    However, they aren't particularly enamoured with any of the other parties either
You can definitely include me in this, I am so "disenchanted" (I voted for those idiots figuring I had no where else to go and they deserved their  chance- oh how disappointed am I!)  I am no longer going to VOTE as there is finally no where else to go.


And one last one ( I left the worst one for last)

Really, just how gullable does this government think we are? OK VERY I see.

No comments: