Friday, January 15, 2010

Broken Hearts


Anyone who owns has brought a pet into their family will know why I am feeling sad and empty today. Yesterday we had to have our precious "Zues" put to sleep.

The poor thing was in such agony, his kidneys had shut down and because he had gone past a certain point he had no chance of surviving the surgery that needed to be done.

In hind sight now (oh how I wish we all had the ability to have it before we do things, or in my case don't do things), I should have taken him to the vet 2 days earlier, and then the outcome may have been a little different, but maybe not. In any case I didn't have hindsight, and now Zues is kept in a special corner of our hearts. (And of course our picture photo albums as he is in there quite alot!).

2 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I'm so sorry. I've been there with 3 cats over the years and it never gets easier.
What a cutie he was.

kyooty said...

AWWW I'm so sorry, I have 1 cat and I love her (don't tell anyone I said that cause they don't know I use the word love around her)