Saturday, June 18, 2011

Neighbors

What gives with people? Whatever happened to showing respect for your neighbors?  I don’t think it’s asking too much to at least do the necessary things to keep things like “rodents” from taking over your property! Really, how hard is it to remember that Wednesday morning is garbage morning (ok I realize you do have to put some thought into remembering which week it is, garbage or recycle, but come on it’s not rocket science).

We had gone 25 yrs without seeing any signs of “rodents” (and by “rodents” I am not talking field mice or squirrels, no siree!!!) on our premises. Now for the last 2 yrs we have had signs of them (the dogs ritually circling the shed was a dead giveaway), the same 2 yrs that our neighbors on one side have lived there and repeatedly missed garbage days for 2 and sometimes 3 wks in a row (which because it is collected every second week means that garbage stays out on their deck for 4 to 6 wks!!). So tell me that isn’t reason enough for the buggers to find a home under our shed!

I would have continued to just shake my head at it until the other day when my hubby went to take the green bin down to the end of the driveway and a rat landed on his arm before scurrying off into my garden!!!! (Now just imagine if I had gone to take down the green bin (which I had intention to do that morning before going to work)! But it was raining so I left it….every neighbor on every side of me would have heard me, and I most likely would have been done for the day!

Now it really is going to be the “man’s” job to take out the garbage!!!!

No comments: