Sunday, August 8, 2010

Looking Back

This picture was taken a very long time ago. It was sent to me from a friend also from very long ago.

That's me on the left. I hardly recognize her anymore.

 Oh how I miss those carefree days, when your hardest decision to make was whether to go hang out at the beach or not. Your biggest care was whether or not you were going to be invited or not.

You didn't have to worry about where the money was going to come from for the mortgage, how you were going to help your loved one cope with life, or get your children out on their own. It's probably a good thing that you had no idea what was to come, although had I been able to have a little peek I might have tried to enjoy those days just a little more.

2 comments:

kyooty said...

Do you remember which beach this was?

K.L.M. said...

Nobody was really 100% sure (must be the age thing!) but it is thought to either be Petawawa Point beach or Black Bear beach on the Base.