Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bring on the Salads

Gardening has never been something that I was very good at, mostly because I really, really hate to "weed". The one garden that I did try was so overrun by weeds you couldn't tell what if anything was growing!

But it seems each year the cost of produce keeps climbing higher, and everytime I decide to have a salad (mostly during my "need to slim down periods") and dig out what I have in the crisper it has gone to "slime" (yuck).



So this year I decided to give it a go again, only this time I filled some containers and planted something different in each one. And take a look the lettuce, beans, tomatoes and green peppers are actually growing great, and NO WEEDS! Bring on the salad!






1 comment:

Shop Girl* said...

What a smart, weed-free idea! I love it!